BREASTENHANCEMENTMD.COM GREATBREASTS.NET Breast Enhancement: Patient before and after photos

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Patient before and after photos

A few months ago, I went on a consultation for breast augmentation (will not say where) to see how this practice dealt with before and after photos. We receive many comments on our website photos (positive that is) and patients always comment that we have a plethora of before and after photos in our albums. There was not a single before and after photo on that surgeon's website (that part of the site was under construction and still is to-date). So, I was a bit curious whether I would find many in his office. Well, this is what happened-he pulled out a Sports Illustrated Magazine and showed me several swimsuit models. Mind you, I am in good shape-I work out every day but I am 42 years old and not 22. My body has held up relatively well, but I am definitely not 6 feet tall. I am 5.3. Any how, I almost could not contain myself.

The reason I am writing about this is that airbrushed photos are not reality. You need to see patients that have similar builds, shapes, whether the implants are above or below the muscle. When you come in for a consultation, we actually take a pre-op photo and have you look at that photo as a means of comparison to what is in the albums. I guarantee you, you will see someone with similarities to yourself. It is so helpful to see what the outcome could be-given your own preferences, such as size or type of implant. These photos are medical photos-they are not airbrushed-they are brutally honest. Dr. Bednar may point out certain things about your chest wall for instance that you may not have noticed so much until you see it in the photo. Therefore things are kept much more in perspective-ie your expectation can be so much better met than when being compared to a playboy bunny or a swimsuit model. I know I am not.

Sylvia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home